Happy Spring and the Liebster Award!
Happy First Day of Spring everyone! To celebrate I wanted to share that Esmé of Little Hidden Place very graciously nominated me for the Leibster Award! I’m so grateful that she reads and enjoys my blog enough to nominate me! Her blog is really great as well, so everyone be sure to check it out!
Here’s what’s going on with this Award:
-if you’re nominated give 11 facts about yourself
-answer the questions that the person who nominated you asked
- ask 11 questions and then nominate 11 other blogs with 200 followers or less
My 11 Facts:
1) When I was a little girl I used to hide PB&J Sandwiches under my bed.
2) I love tattoos, and I have three that are all travel related.
3) I have a chihuahua/pug puppy named Brady that I call Kido.
4) I L.O.V.E. Dr. Who.
5) I love the opportunities that this blog has given me. I greatly enjoy this community and being able to share my travel tales.
6) My favorite movie is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
7) I love bird things… Especially owls and sparrows, but I’m a sucker for things with birds on them!
8) I’m a Mac person.
9) I think about travel approximately once every three seconds.
10) I have never owned a pair of sunglasses for longer than 6 months. I always sit on them or lose them.
11) I have too many books that I haven’t read, and I plan to put a dent in those this year!
Name a stereotype about the country you come from?
The US has so many based on the area. Some are that Americans are fat, ignorant and gun-loving.
How many languages do you speak?
Obviously English, but I’m taking French and Spanish classes.
What is your funniest travel experience ever?
When we were kids my brother and I used to pull on each other’s swimsuits (strange, I know, but we did) and one time I was swimming underwater in a pool in Arizona and I went to tug on his swimsuit (which he would pull tight so they wouldn’t come dow) and it came all the way down, and when I came to the surface I was mortified to find that I had de-pantsed a man to had gotten in the pool while I was underwater…. Oops!
Which food do you cook best?
Probably Fondue that I learned to make while I was in Florence, Italy.
Your favorite song?
This is really hard… Currently it’s probably ‘Blue Ridge Mountains’ by The Fleet Foxes or ‘Minnesota, WI’ by Bon Iver. (I know they’re both old songs, but I love them!)
Which place do you recommend me as a Must-See?
I think that Havasu Canyon was amazing or Greece- I loved the Peloponnese.
How do you spend your time in transportations while traveling?
I usually road trip, so I have a car. I love to walk, though, when I’m in cities or take public transportation.
What is a global issue that you worry most about?
Your favorite blog post?
What is the last restaurant you have been to and how was it?
The last restaurant I went to was Pacific Kitchen- a local Chinese Restaurant, and it was delicious! Springfield, Mo is the where cashew chicken was created!
What do you want to achieve this year?
This year I want to downsize (get rid of things I don’t need), graduate college and travel as much as possible!
1) What inspires you to travel most?
2) What made you decide to start a blog?
3) What is your favorite food?
4) What destination was your favorite?
5) What is the coolest museum you’ve visited?
6) What’s something you feel like you spend too much time doing?
7) What is your favorite holiday and why?
8) Why do you travel?
9) What is your favorite book?
10) What is your favorite work of art?
11) Have you ever couchsurfed? If yes, did you like it?
And the nominees are:
Be.Love.Live, Little Fingers Life, Travel Destination Bucketlist, My World of Melancholly, The Pursuit of Excitement, Travel While You’re Young, Fireside Five, Transplanted Tatar, Mainly-Magyar, Zar Abu and Dakota D.
I can’t wait to see the answer to these question from you guys!
For more posts and travel articles I find interesting ‘like’ the For the Love of Wanderlust page on Facebook. Simply click HERE.