Tomorrow I have my last final, so at noon tomorrow it will officially be summer vacation, and it’s all I can do to get through these last two days. All I can think of is planning all the day trips I want to take this summer, and I thought I’d share a few of them with you, and if I’m lucky enough to go, I’ll share posts about them on here!
1) Hemmed in Hollow (Arkansas)- I have been wanting to hike this trail for a long time, and I’m hoping to actually do it this summer. The trail ends at the highest waterfall between the Rockies and the Appalachians! I can’t wait to hike it!
2) Johnson Shut-Ins (Missouri)- I have been to this state park a couple of times when I was a little girl, but I didn’t do any of the hikes, so I want to go back and do the hikes, then cool off in the shut-ins!
3) Turner Falls (Oklahoma)- I found these falls in a couple of amazing books I got at a book sale, and I haven’t been able to get these falls out of my mind!
4) Hannibal, Missouri- Mark Twain was born in Hannibal and they have his childhood home, and a lot of other things that are Mark Twain themed, and a lot of things from Twain’s childhood in Hannibal inspired The Adventures Huckleberry Finn and Life on the Mississippi!
5) Kansas City, Missouri- To visit a couple of the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives restaurants! There is also the Nelson Atkin’s Museum of Art up there for free, and I would love to visit it!
» Accomplished! Read about it here «
Well, there you have it- 5 of the places I’m wanting to go on day trips this summer, and I’m so excited to hopefully do them all on top of my road trip to Washington and back! Where are your top day trips you have to go on this summer?